|NBLS Focus on Education - Renewal Levy Info|
Posting Date: 01/09/2012
NBLS Focus on Education - Marlene K. North, Superintendent
Building Update: The metal for the roof work is on the job site and has begun (downspouts, eaves, etc.). The skylight installers for the main entrance will begin the week of the 9th. Wallboard has been hung in area A (high school wing) and will begin on the 9th in the Middle School wing. Overhead head painting in the gym began on the 6th and should be done on the 13th. The walls will be completed in the gym the following week. Light fixtures for the gym will be delivered next week and the installation will follow. The first coat of paint in the high school wing is going on now, and the rough in for the electrician has finished in the middle school wing. The overhead MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) continues and is right on schedule. The natural gas was turned on December 27th. Plumbing rough is for the entire building will be completed by the 15th. We continue to feel that things are moving well and right on schedule.
- 1% Income Tax that is already being paid
- Earned Income Only; Not on Pensions, Social Security, Retirement Funds, IRA’s or Capital Gains
- Raises about $600,000 for NBLS annually for general fund purposes (this will not be used to pay for Powell renovations or the new MS/HS building)
- Proposing a 5Year Term, same as the original proposal
- Residents who work inside or outside the district pay; Non-residents who work within the district are not taxed
- $50,000 family income results in a $500 a year tax; $41.66 a month; $1.38 a day
|Posted Date: 01/10/2012|
Wonder when the levy is coming to build a new football stadium and baseball diamonds at the new school property? Just wait and see.
|12/01/2013 - This page will be populated with stories that are older than 7 days|