To follow is the monthly report from North Baltimore Village Administrator Kathy Healy for January, 2104.
The following report outlines the activities and issues addressed by the Administrator of the Village of North Baltimore.
1. Attended the Hancock County Safety Council meeting.
2. Had a meeting with office staff and Department Heads to discuss the expectation of the Administration and also to serve as the first initial review for goal setting and progress on performance objectives.
3. Met with the Tree Commission for the first meeting in 2014. Reorganizing and beginning our plan preparation for this year.
4. Submitted policies for review to Chairman of the Personnel Policy and Ordinance review committee.
5. Working with Public Entities Risk Reduction Pool to resolve a claim which is still unresolved from 2009.
6. Attended TMACOG General Assembly in Perrysburg and networking event with Toledo Chamber.
FINANCE AND TECHNOLOGY
1. Scheduling a demonstration from E-Merge regarding records retention solutions.
2. Consulted with Sage and other software companies regarding fixed asset program and Inventory tracking programs for the Village.
3. Distributed handout on new Council member training
from the Ohio Municipal League.
1. Village crews are trying to repair several water leaks due to the freezing and thawing.
2. Andy is continuing to work diligently to provide estimates for residents who want to participate in the Village financed lateral program.
3. Contractor will be back in the Village the first week in February. They have been off due to sub-zero temperatures.
4. Reviewing job descriptions for utilities department.
1. Reviewed protocol for street snow plowing and clearing with Public works and Police Departments.
2. Reviewed Municipal building drawings with DGL Consulting (structural engineer) to recommend repairs or replacement of the roof on the Fire and Police Department
4. Working on recommendations for 2014 Street and Alley Paving projects.
1. Met with Choice One Engineering and Mrs. North to review the Safe Routes to Schools Travel Plan information.
2. Took delivery of new fire truck.
3. Preparing visual aids for public forum for Safe Routes to Schools grant application.
4. Attended Public forums on EMS alternatives.