The following report outlines the activities and issues addressed by the Administrator of the Village of North Baltimore.
1. Met with representatives from a new business to discuss zoning and building requirements.
2. Met with representative from ODOT to discuss construction of the S. R. 18 Roundabout and the plan for traffic control through the Village.
3. Finalizing quotes for the demolition work for the house on Briar Hill Rd. A recommendation will be made at Council.
4. Accepted a position on the planning committee for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program. This is a program that gives governmental entities funds to allow them to purchase foreclosed upon properties and demolish or rehabilitate them.
5. Met with North Baltimore Area Chamber of Commerce.
6. Reviewed changes to the Planned Unit Development agreement for the Stonebrook Development and Planning Commission recommends accepting the new agreement.
7. Preparing 6 month review for performance of Village employees.
8. Discussed the maintenance agreement with CSX Transportation for mowing the triangle and other areas owned by the railroad. The agreement expires at the end of this year.
9. Attended reception for Tom Blaha who retired from WCEDC.
10. Discussed intent to annex procedures and policy with a local business.
FINANCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Met with State Auditors to review processes and documentation for special audit on Phase 1 sewer separation project.
Met with web master to get counter set up and updates to the village web site.
Received final documentation and certification from Bonding Attorney to close out the Phase 1 project and lock in the lowest interest rate all three bonds for Phase 2.
1. Continuing to review the bid tabs for the Phase 2 Sewer project. Will have a recommendation at the first meeting in September.
2. Reviewing applications for utility plant worker with Superintendent Patterson.
3. Work is completed on the valve replacement on Jewett St. and the old water line is
ready to be abandoned.
Ask me about Andy Patterson.
1. Working with Public Works Superintendent and contractor to schedule the work for the 2012 Street and Alley Paving projects.
2. Working with Public Works superintendent to prepare 5 year plan for Capital projects.
3. Working with the Mayor and Public Works Chairman to get quotes for new appliances in shelterhouse 2.
4. Ordered roofing for repairs to shelterhouse in the Village Park.
1. Preparing estimates for new sidewalks to include in School Travel Plan for the Safe Routes to School Grant.
2. Continuing to work on a list of properties that have landscaping in the public right of way which is hazardous to traffic and notifying property owners of this violation.
3. Working with ODOT and Public Works Supt. to get signage in the proper place for the new school.