from: Marlene K. North, Superintendent - North Baltimore Local Schools
There was an evacuation (via a fire drill) on Tuesday, October 9th at the new MS/HS building. I wanted to assure our families of several things:
* students and staff evacuated the building appropriately and in a very timely manner
* the fire department did respond and found no evidence of smoke/fire in the damper where the alarm went off
* students and staff returned to the building to collect their items under the supervision of the fire department
* the alarm in the rest of the building was reset and is continuing to work without issue
* the fire alarm company returned to “fine tune” the issue that caused the alarm
I was pleased with how efficiently our students, staff and fire/police departments worked together to handle this situation. Be assured that all is well with the system and that any glitches are being addressed!
NB Volunteer Fire Fighters Matt Matthes and Pat Woodruff, discuss the alarm that prompted a response by NBVFD, with Chris North and Larry Snyder.