Principal’s Report - Dr. Bob Falkenstein - November 27, 2012
1. Just about all middle school students went to the dance. They had an enjoyable time.
2. Our parent/teacher conferences were successful. We have many more middle school parents attend than high school. So our high school staff again sent out postcards of encouragement and praise to select students and their parents.
3. The fall choir concert, band concert and play were well attended.
4. Winter sports started. The biggest issue with home varsity events will be parking. I want to encourage people to arrive early and car pool when possible. Once the back lot is full, people can park in the stone areas by pulling straight in. Or, fans can parallel park along the inside lane of the driveway around the school. People can park at the main entrance but would need to walk around the building to get in by the ticket window. We apologize for the inconvenience and do not have quick solutions to the parking issue. Please do not park anywhere in the grass.
5. Some construction issues have been resolved including the use of building security measures and entrance fobs.
6. The Internet Safety seminar that Officer Slane held for middle school students was well received. We will replicate the program for high school students in December.
7. The issue before you tonight in regard to joining the MAL in non-football sports when possible is a way to secure non-BVC games. The MAL principals are in support of our decision to stay involved in MAL sports on a limited basis. We cannot exceed the total number of contests for each sport as decided by OHSAA. Therefore, middle school basketball (16 total games + tournament) for example will not play every MAL team due to our first commitment to the BVC.